Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's Raining Reigning In My Heart

"Ann M. Martin" it says on the cover.  There's a girl and a dog running through the rain - how could I not pick it up with my canine teeth and give it a try?  Well, Ann M. Martin, whoever she is, wrote a great book with two great characters, the girl Rose and the dog Rain.

Being a dog named Princess, I liked the Rain Reign title.  I try to reign in my house, but those cats are like insubordinate peasants.  Don't they get that I'm bigger and more regal?  They are sneaky, too.  Anyway, I digress.  Rose is an unusual girl who has trouble making friends and behaving like everyone else.  Ann M. Martin calls it Asperger's Syndrome, but I can't even pronounce that.  Rain just has love.  Rain loves Rose and Rose loves Rain.

There are two other important characters, Dad Wesley and Uncle Weston.  I'd rather live with Uncle Weston, he is kind and gentle.  Dad Wesley is like a porcupine.

The bad thing that happens is Rain gets let out during a hurricane and disappears.  I was scared that Rose would never find Rain again, but she did.  That made me happy, but then something else bad happened.  I don't want to spoil the story so I won't tell you what, but I saw my Mom crying when she read those chapters.  Rose turns out to be a pretty amazing girl.

Why is the title Rain Reign?  Because Rose loves homonyms.  You might like homonyms after you read this book, too.  I still don't quite get them, because I'm not very bright, but I sure got the love of a girl and a dog.

2 comments:

  1. This blog post reigns in my heart! Princess, I think you may have been taking writing lessons, because you write just about as well as your Mom! I love the post and the picture and, while I never take sides in squabbles between domestic animal family members, I think you really have to stand up to those peasant-cats -- you go, Princess! And this post definitely makes me curious about the book, though I don't know whether I'm strong enough to read something that will make me cry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dreaming Girl, for being supportive! As I am not very bright, I have only just figured out how to read this comment (I think i used to know, and forgot) and now it is almost a year since you wrote it!

    ReplyDelete